Thank you for your interest in being a teen helper at Korean Culture Camp!
There is a high demand for the limited Teen Helper spots at camp so registration does not guarantee a volunteer position. Teen placement preferences are taken into consideration but are not guaranteed - placement will be based on the Camp needs. There are additional criteria and guidelines that are used to determine Teen Helpers – KCC Teen Coordinators will be in touch as Teen Helpers are confirmed.
Some but not all criteria used for Teen Helpers is as follows:
- Parent is a camp coordinator.
- Parent is volunteering all week.
- Parent is volunteering at camp (part of the week).
- Age of Teen Helper - younger teens (7th/8th graders) are usually placed in 2nd grade classes or below, older teens may not meet any above criteria but are needed due to camp needs.
If you are willing to be a teen volunteer, you must be willing to follow the additional guidelines outlined below. Please note that openings for teens fill up fast, not all applicants will be accepted.
- All teen volunteers must agree to work all five days and, if applicable, Saturday morning.
- All teen volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from Minnehaha Academy.
- KCC issued T-shirts and buttons must be worn all day and every day during camp.
- Since the purpose of the Teen Volunteer is to mentor the younger campers, teens agree to spend the entire camp day with their assigned class or area.
- Teens agree to be responsible, and to adhere to directions from the Homeroom Aides and Teen Coordinator.
- Teens agree to remain on the Minnehaha Academy campus during camp hours.
- If any guidelines are not met, consequences will result – possibly including dismissal from camp.